Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Weapon Wednesday Featuring: Jordan

Good Morning Weapons!
It's Wednesday morning so you know what that means in SPWWorld... WEAPON WEDNESDAY Today we're featuring a weapon named Jordan we found his cover on youtube and were about to get ahold of him when he got a hold of us.  Check out his fabulous weapon story:

"My name is Jordan, and I am the biggest Semi Precious Weapons fan out there.

I've been a fan for about a year and a half now. I heard them for the first time playing Rock Band 2, and fell in love instantly. I wrote them and told them how much I enjoyed their music, and they wrote back (as they always do) and told me they were playing a show in Las Vegas, where I used to live. The show was on a Monday night, at a 21+ venue, on the Las Vegas strip, at 10 at night. So, at the time being a high school student living under very strict parents, it seemed nearly impossible that I was going to make it to the show. But in the spirit of rock 'n' roll, I found a way and snuck out of the house and went anyway, dragging along my two best friends. We contacted the band, and after seeing the effort it took to make it down there, they tried to get us in. But security was tough, and it didn't work out. Luckily, it was an outdoor stage. My friends and I went into a dark alley, pulled aside a nearby grease dumpster, stood on that, and watched the band perform from over a fence. The band was so excited that later they even dedicated their entire set just to us! Justin even left the venue and danced with us in the alley! After the show, we took pictures, bought our first Fetty, and talked with Justin as he offered us gum. I still have the wrapper.

Since then, I've gone to every show they've played in Las Vegas, and a few shows they've played at the Viper Room in Los Angeles, and really solidified them as my favorite band. I own the very first 'fucking gorgeous' t-shirt sold. Everyone in the band has said I was their number one fan. I was even one of the main reasons Stevy joined facebook (look and see)! You know those shows where people changed outfits in the audience? Where fans were showing up with masks of Justin's face? Where fans were dressed in half-jackets and ponchos? Those are all me and my friends, haha. We all changed outfits in the audience. We printed out a hundred masks of Justin's face and handed them to people at the GaGa shows who had no idea who Justin even was. We cut up our clothes and looked as filthy and glamorous as we could. :D

I learned how to play Magnetic Baby and a handful of other SPW songs on piano, but I couldn't record any to put up 'cause I didn't have a camera. But then when I moved, I got a camera, and so I decided to learn a newer song to put up. So I learned how to play the cover by ear one night, and then recorded it the next morning. I'm really excited and happy that the band liked it! :D

 This is a picture of just me and the band from the Monster Ball Tour

And a picture of my friends and I from the very first time we saw Semi Precious Weapons weeks after hearing them for the first time. Life changing!



Check Out Jordan's Amazing SPW cover:


Big thanks to Jordan for being such a fucking amazing weapon! Do you want to be featured on Weapon Wednesday? Well E-mail us at semipreciousworld@gmail.com or find us on Twitter! Include a picture of yourself and your artwork or anything! and tell us why you're a weapon!

1 comment:

Krysta said...

Sweet baby Jordan, you are amaaazing :)