Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Semi Precious Weapons Afterparty: Boston

Check out what Stuff Magazine: Boston had to say about the rockin' SPW After Party:

"What I learned last night: I really can't party like a rock star after all. I wore Z Cavaricci pants in middle school. Cocktails at Woodward are dangerous.

Last night, the Ames Hotel hosted a private after party with the Semi Precious Weapons, who opened for Lady Gaga at her TD Garden show.

The ultra glam rockers arrived fashionably late but made up for it for it by infusing the place with electric and contagious energy, throwing one hell of a fucking after party. I'll refrain from filling you in on how late we partied till (heaven forbid I get anyone in trouble here), but let's just say it was an incredibly unique evening/morning in our typically stodgy town.
Frontman Justin Tranter, played it up for the crowd with his wacky dancing, DJ-ing and nipple-exposing gestures. There was also a little leg kicking and bar-top dancing going on. Although totally entertaining and sort of hard to take your eyes off of, I was WAY more interested in hanging out with Dan Crean the Drummer and Shaun Hoffman, one of their tour managers. As it turns out, we were chums back in elementary school and junior high (also known as the penultimate breeding ground for most future rock stars thanks to raging hormones, pre-pubescent isolation, and constant sexual tension with members of the opposite sex), and it was SO FUCKING AWESOME to see them again! They were both sweet as pie then, and are still sweet as pie now. I was happy to find them unaffected by their newfound fabulous lifestyles (their ability to rage like a rock star at a killer afterparty notwithstanding). I also learned that although I was "nice" and "cool" as a kid, apparently I was also a bit if a snob, and Dan revealed that he was jealous of my super slick Z Cavaricci pants I sported with the sort of pride a frequent shopper of Contempo Casuals had back then. And yes, they were always pegged. 

After about 7 cocktails, I started doing that thing I do when I'm tipsy: I hug everyone in sight and tell them repeatedly how much I love them. Yeah, I'm that girl. But truly, who doesn't love a happy drunk? After telling both Shaun and Dan how proud I was to see them both rockin' life, I grabbed my Urban Daddy and split. Watching the room spin is never fun. Even when you're partying with rock stars.

 And while I may not be able to party like a rock star but after finding my bar tab (crushed into a ball at the bottom of my purse) this morning, I certainly can adopt one of the band's mantras: I can't pay my rent but I'm fucking gorgeous. Words to live by. Thanks, guys." - By


Here are some photos from the SPW Afterparty in Boston!:



2010 Monster Ball Tour Dates:

Sun 07/4 Atlantic City, NJ Boardwalk Hall
Tue 07/6 New York, NY Madison Square Garden
Wed 07/7 New York, NY Madison Square Garden*
Fri 07/9 New York, NY Madison Square Garden
Sun 07/11 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre*
Mon 07/12 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre*
Wed 07/14 Cleveland, OH Quicken Loans Arena
Thu 07/15/ Indianapolis, IN Conseco Fieldhouse*
Sat 07/17 St. Louis, MO Scottrade Center
Tue 07/20 OKC, OK Ford Center
Thu 07/22 Dallas, TX American Airlines Center*
Fri 07/23 Dallas, TX American Airlines Center
Sun 07/25 Houston, TX Toyota Center
Mon 07/26 Houston, TX Toyota Center
Wed 07/28 Denver, CO Pepsi Center
Sat 07/31 Phoenix, AZ US Airways Center
Tue 08/3 Kansas City, MO Sprint Center
Wed 08/11 Los Angeles, CA Staples Center
Thu 08/12 Los Angeles, CA Staples Center
Fri 08/13 Las Vegas, NV MGM Grand Garden Arena
Mon 08/16 San Jose, CA HP Pavilion *
Tue 08/17 San Jose, CA HP Pavilion *
Thu 08/19 Portland, OR Rose Garden Arena*
Sat 08/21 Tacoma, WA Tacoma Dome
Mon 08/23 Vancouver, BC General Motors Place
Tue 08/24 Vancouver, BC General Motors Place *
Thu 08/26 Edmonton, AB Rexall Place *
Fri 08/27 Edmonton, AB Rexall Place *
Mon 08/30 Saint Paul, MN Xcel Energy Center
Tue 08/31 Saint Paul, MN Xcel Energy Center
Thu 09/02 Milwaukee, WI Bradley Center
Sat 09/04 Auburn Hills, MI The Palace
Sun 09/05 Pittsburgh, PA Consol Energy Center
Tue 09/07 Washington, DC Verizon Center
Wed 09/08 Charlottesville, VA John Paul Jones Arena
Tue 09/14 Philadelphia, PA The Wachovia Center
Wed 09/15 Philadelphia, PA The Wachovia Center
Thu 09/16 Hartford, CT XL Center
Sat 09/18 Charlotte, NC Time Warner Cable Arena
Sun 09/19 Raleigh, NC RBC Center

*Indicates tour date with a special Semi Precious Weapons after-party. Check http://twitter.com/preciousweapons for more details. More after-parties to be announced.

No comments: