Saturday, February 20, 2010

SPW - 'Semi Precious Weapons' Video Shoot


Couldn’t make it to Friday Night’s Shoot? Been depressed while watching everyone tweet about it? Well don’t worry. We feel the same way.
Thankfully drivenbyboredom.com was there to fill all the unlucky fans in on all the filthy deets:
“Friday night was pretty nuts.  My boys Semi Precious Weapons are back in town doing a bunch of dates with Lady Gaga at Radio City Music Hall. They decided to turn the weekly Trash party into a shoot for their song Semi Precious Weapons.  I figured the song was called I Cant Pay My Rent, But I Am Fucking Gorgeous being as that is the hook, but clearly I am wrong. Evidently its self titled. My fault.
Anyway, after hearing the song 25 times in a row Friday night I probably should be sick of it, but its a pretty serious song.  They have done a video for it before, and used it as the sound track to a Beatlemaniaesque promotional video. It was also on their first album, and their EP and I guess it will be on their next album too since they are doing a video for it and all I am sure they are sick as hell of it, but thats how the music industry works.  You have to promote the same 5 songs for three fucking years. Its pretty awful, but at least its a rad song and I am excited to see the video.
I did a pretty epic stage dive off a monitor into a crowd of 18 year old girls. Everyone moved out of the way and I landed on my back but not before putting my hand into the lovely Suicide Girl Bettinas face. Woops. Justin from SPW announced to the crowd that I had done that the last time they played Webster Hall and informed me that I had broken his friend Kristas wrist in the process. I felt pretty bad about that since Krista is my birhday twin (May 29th, 1980).  No one broke anything this time, but my back still hurts like hell two days later. I hope it makes it into the video, but I have my doubts…”
Continue reading this fabulous article HERE… and also view the hanus gallery of fierce pictures fom that night!

No comments: