Saturday, February 20, 2010

Weapon Wednesday: BEATthatFACE



Today is the debut of our newest segment, ‘Weapon Wednesdays’. Where we feature one of the many SPW fans to tell us what drew them to SPW and to show us something they’ve done that was inspired by the band.
For our debut segment we were seriously lucky enough to wrangle Aric, the makeup genius behind the popular YouTube channel – BEATthatFACE Here’s what Aric had to say:


“When it comes to Semi Precious Weapons, there is no playing Russian Roulette. You can play these boys with a sure shot. I got my first round of their ammunition in the summer of 2008, when I watched a featurette of the band on the LOGO Network. At first, I set a target on Justin. It wasn’t hard. He 

was the perfect blend of David Bowie and Joan Jett, with the magical mystery of Stevie Nicks all in the same delicious cocktail. Then the spotlight got wider and included 3 more talented hotties. In the featurette, I first heard their self-titled song (SPW). It was just the right amount of dirty filth and diamonds pouring into my ears, circulating through my body and finally resting in my black vinyl heart. Like many others, I was an INSTANT FAN. Finally there was a group that was raw, and glaMOURous, without the overproduced sound. They didn’t need the studio tweaks. They were perfect just the way they were. There seemed to be no pretense. They LOVE their fans. That was apparent from the beginning, and still remains a truth … even with their newer successes, touring with one of the most creative and beautiful creatures that has ever come to our planet, Lady Gaga. The love between the fans and the band, the love of music and camaraderie, the love of filth and glaMOUR makes being a fan easier to swallow than a bullet ANY DAY.


Great music brings amazing inspiration to people. I was inspired by the glaMOUR of the band, and made a makeup tutorial on my YouTube Channel. It features a recreation of Justin’s makeup from the band’s debut album and includes my “date with Justin.” I’m a proud weapon … and happy to be a part of such awesome artillery.”
________________________________________________________



Big thanks to Aric for being such a FAB weapon. If you have art, songs, stories, pretty much anything that was inspired by Semi Precious Weapons,  email us at semipreciousworld@gmail.com. You can also find us on Twitter

No comments: